Since I have a lot of electronic components and I always lose track of my inventory, I decided to write my own SQLite-based management System in C#.

This project was not only for “inventory times”, but also for myself for learning object oriented programming and managing databases.

And yes, I tried a few of the freeware solutions out there, like LaVa or ElaLa, but none of them fit my needs, and often the GUI was terrible or way too complicated.

So I inspired myself by the softare a friend of mine wrote. It was written in Java, but it still was in the beginning and far away from a stable release and he had no time to develop it further.

So I decided I will write my own with a simple interface, slim design, compatability of the databases for a new version (so you don’t need to start all over again) and standalone without the need of installing a database server (like MySQL).

Features are added step by step and not all at once.

Beta-testers are welcome! Also if you have suggestions, please let me know.

Current features overview:

  • Creating new database
  • Adding new tables to the database with as much columns as you want
  • Adding new entries to the tables
  • Adding, editing, saving and deleting data in tables
  • Sorting your data
  • Delete existing tables
  • Delete columns in tables
  • Conditional formatting (e.g. for quantity alert)
  • Multi-Language support
  • Help-file integrated
  • Tables can be exported as CSV-files
  • Tables can directly be printed
  • Generating barcodes
  • Scanning barcodes

Versions:

V0.6

Wait, no V0.5? Correct! V0.5 was not really a standalone version. I just worked a bit on the GUI and performance, but nothing else.

Also I adressed the problems around barcodes, so I implemented these too.

Now you can generate QR, MicroQR, Data-Matrix, Code-39, Code-22 and Code-128 barcodes following a specific pattern. The strings are specially encoded which you can read aout in the help file.

functions and changelog will follow


V0.4 (Code)

Finally a new Release. Normally I would’ve done a GUI-update, but not all my testers had given their feedback, so I implemented a few new functions.

The new functions are

  • Help-file integrated
  • Tables can be exported as CSV-files
  • Tables can directly be printed

Bugfixes:

  • none

Known Bugs:

  • Strings in integer cells cause errors
  • Comboboxes can be overwritten, results in errors

Planned for V0.5:

  • Performance-Update
  • GUI-Update
  • more Bugfixes

V0.3b

Small bugfix along the line, since a few bugs could potentially corrupt your database…

Following bugs got fixed:

  • Spaces in table and column names were causing errors
    • Spaces and other characters are now filtered out (RegEx)
  • SQL-Logic-Error after adding a new column
    • Wrong declaration of class, fixed
  • Textfield-bugs
    • A few textfields and comboboxes were not recognizing that they are empty. Resulted in bugs in the database and in the code.
      Fixed

V0.3

The new Release is a bigger update with a lot of changes. A few bugfixes, prevented user-errors and new functions.

New funktions:

  • Deleting columns in tables
  • Conditional formatting (e.g. for quantity alert)
  • Multi-Language-Support

Bugfixes:

  • (), {}, [], % and & are blocked if typed as input
  • Datatype BLOB is causing errors, removed
  • SQL-Syntax-Errors fixed
  • datatype mismatch-Errors fixed

Known Bugs:

  • Strings in integer cells cause errors
  • Comboboxes can be overwritten, results in errors
  • Spaces in table and column names were causing errors
  • SQL-Logic-Error after adding a new column
  • Textfield-Bugs

Planned for V0.4

  • Bugfixes
  • Clear conditional Formatting before formatting again
  • Search-function
  • New help page (more user friendly)

V0.2 and V0.1 redacted for brevity