A discrete 8-bit computer
The MyCPU is a processor completely built with discrete logic gates (and a few RAMs and ROMs). This project kept growing until it became a complete computer with the following features:
- Built mostly from 74HC TTL series. No higher integrated parts used (except for EPROMs, RAMs and UART controllers)
- Running with up to 8 MHz
- Available hardware:
- 8bit CPU wih 8MHz (“MyCPU”)
- 1.03MB RAM / 128 kB ROM
- Interrupt controller (8 IRQs)
- Multi-I/O card with LPT, 2x Serial, LCD port, PS/2 Keyboard
- IDE-Controller for up to 4 harddrives
- VGA graphics card
- 10Mbit Ethernet controller
- DOS-like operating system, Contiki and chip8 interpreter, programming tools, TCP/IP stack, HTTP webserver
- compilers for BASIC, Assembler and C.
- Realtime OS “pico]OS”
- Open Source!
If you are interested, check out the project page at www.mycpu.eu from Dennis Kuschel.
At my website I only show you how I built one and how that went.